Followers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hello & Welcome

I am starting this blog off with a Green Goddess Garden Salad from the Best Eats. And a Poached Sole with Parsley-Caper Sauce from the Simply Delicious cook book. Both books by Weight Watchers.

Green Goddess Garden Salad:

Prep Time: 15 min Cook: None Serves: 4
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 scallion thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bunch spinach, torn
1 head romaine lettuce, torn
1 bunch watercress, tough stems discarded
1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced (I diced)
1 carrot, shredded
1 red bell pepper, diced (I used yellow)

1. To prepare the dressing, puree the yogurt, chives, dill, scallion, mint, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor.

2. To prepare the salad, combine the spinach, romaine, watercress, snow peas, cucumber, carrot, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve at once.

Per Serving (about 2 cups): 98 Calories, 1 g fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 1 mg Chol, 418 mg Sod, 17 g Carb, 7 g Fiber, 9 g Prot, 263 mg Calc. Points Value: 1

Personally, not my cup of tea. My Dad liked it, but I am not a huge fan of dill. It needed something else in my opinion. Not DILL. LOL It tasted healthy though. Was a nice portion size and pretty filling for a side salad. Will I make it again? Um, probably not, but again, that is only because I am not a fan of Dill. Unless it's a pickle :)

Poached Sole with parsley-Caper sauce

1 pole fillets, cut into 4 pieces.
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (more to your liking)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1-2 tablespoons tiny capers, rinsed and drained


1. Spray a 10" square microwaveable dish with a lid with nonstick spray. Add the fish and sprinkle with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper; dot with the butter (I totally forgot the butter, but found that it didn't really need it). Cover the dish and microwave on high until the fish is just opaque in the center. About 5-6 min. Then let stand covered for 1 min. Drain the liquid from the fish into a cup. Cover the fish to keep warm.

2. Meanwhile, mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of milk to a smooth paste in a medium saucepan. Stir in the remaining milk and the fish liquid. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the parsley and capers. Pour the sauce over the fish.

Per Serving: 143 Calories.
3 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 59 mg chol, 471 mg sodium, 6 g carb, 0 g fiber, 21 g protein, 84 mg calcium
Points Value: 3 per serving.

This was pretty good. I added lemon to the sauce though and it gave it the perfect touch. Fish was very flaky and moist. And the sauce (once I added the lemon) was delicious. I felt like I was eating something bad for me. My hubby, brother and Dad all said it was really good and that the recipe was a keeper.

I would love to see what you all think. Try making these recipes and reply with your likes or dislikes :)

No comments: