Followers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Baked Sand Dabs, Garlic Mashed Fauxtatos and Steamed Asparagus


I don't have the nutritional facts for these, but I believe this meal is less than 500 calories.

Cauliflower Fauxtatoes
1 large head cauliflower
1 (4-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (light)
½ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
3 green onions, chopped
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Cut cauliflower into florets and boil until soft. (Around 8-12 min) Drain thoroughly. Place warm florets in food processor with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Process until smooth, then stir in green onions. Place mixture in small casserole dish which has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 350 or heat in microwave and serve.
Serves 4 to 6
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.


Panko Crusted Sand Dabs (fish)

8 sand dab filets
2-3 cups of panko crumbs
2 egg whites whisked with pepper

Heat oven to 475 and spray a foil lined baking sheet with non stick spray. Dip each sand dab in the egg whites then in the panko. Place on baking sheet and place in the over for 12 min or until nice and golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.

Asparagus

Clean and cut off the base of the stalk. Place in steamer or a little bit of boiling water for about 6 min. Drain and squeeze lemon over them.


This was DELICIOUS. The whole family agrees. Even Gracie and Mimi enjoyed it. Gracie actually ASKED if she could have a piece. The fish was so flakey and moiste and had a nice crunch from the panko. A sqeeze of a lemon wedge made this. My mouth is watering for more. And the Fauxtatoes were AMAZING. I wasn't so sure about them when I was making them. But I am so glad I gave them a chance, I didn't even miss real mashed potatoes. They were so creamy and had a ton of flavor. Seriously felt like I was eating mashed potatoes. My Dad and hubby LOVED them. And the Asparagus was a nice addition. Kind of rounded out the meal and made it complete. I will be putting this on the list of MAKE AGAIN. YUMMY!

No comments: